Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thanks, Larry

While we all saw this coming, it is still a shock. The longtime voice of Georgia football, Larry Munson, called it quits on Monday. Larry’s health had declined in recent years, and his on air performance had certainly suffered. Larry stopped traveling to road games last season and planned to do only home games again in 2008, but he has said the Central Michigan game will be his last. The road game team of Scott Howard and Eric Zeier will finish out the season.

While I’m sure more will come, I want to say, as a future broadcaster myself, I admire and respect Larry immensely. Many can remember where they were and what they were doing when Larry made a trademark call or called a big moment in Georgia football history, and I am no different. Thanks for the memories, Larry, as well as the inspiration to chase a dream. Best of luck to you in retirement, and I hope you enjoy your time off with lots of fishing and movie watching.

4 more days…

No comments: